Based in Copenhagen, Denmark
Press / Business contact:
Vesterbrogade 62, 1. th
1620 Copenhagen V
'Stilstand' is a haunting and darkly comedic interactive graphic novel following the grim yet hopeful journey of one woman through a summer riddled with anxiety, loneliness, trying to stay afloat in Copenhagen with the help from the shadow monster in her apartment.
‘Stilstand’ comes from Copenhagen based graphic novelist Ida Hartmann’s chronic existential crisis, and is her debut game. In the fall of 2017 Ida became part of the office at Niila, where she primarily made comics about finishing university and keeping the anxiety at bay. Her artwork depicts sensitively, grotesquely and humorously how a life can feel when there’s too much going on in the head and heart. During the winter of 2017, Niila decided to let Ida's thoughts and drawings come to life in the game project 'Stilstand'. Ida and Niila have been in a close collaboration making the story and game design until the release in 2020. In 2021, Nakana.io ported and published the game on Playstation 4 and Nintendo Switch.
Niila was founded at the beginning of 2017 by 4 students from the IT University with an eagerness to surf the digital era's first wave. After graduation, Niila released their first game ́Guru Gloo: Adventure Climb ́ in fall 2017. The game has over 50,000 downloads and has served as a pilot project that has contributed knowledge within the possibilities and limitations of the mobile platform. In addition, ́Guru Gloo ́ was nominated for the Game Prize 2018 for best debut game. Today, Niila Games is working on a cross-media collaboration with NIMBUS Film. Nakana.io publishes video games that share an experience to remember, whether it be with impactful messages or alternative creation forms.
‘Stilstand’ is supported by the Danish Film Institute and The Danish Art Foundation.
Reveal Trailer English (PS4/Nintendo Switch) YouTube
Reveal Trailer Japanese (PS4/Nintendo Switch) YouTube
There are far more images available for Stilstand, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Stilstand. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner: Best Emergent Experience" - Spilprisen 2021
- "Winner: Most Amazing Game" - A.MAZE 2021
- "Nominated: Most Innovative Newcomer" - PLAY20
- "Nominated: Best Art" - Nordic Game Awards 2021
- "Nominated: Best Audio" - Nordic Game Awards 2021
- "Nominated: Best in Showcase" - Hamburg Games Conference 2021
- "Nominated: TBA" - INDIECADE 2021
- "Honorable Mention: Excellence in Narrative" - Independent Game Festival 2021 (IGF)
- "Honorable Mention: Nuovo Award" - Independent Game Festival 2021 (IGF)
- "Honorable Mention: Excellence in Art" - Independent Game Festival 2021 (IGF)
- "Honorable Mention: Excellence in Audio" - Independent Game Festival 2021 (IGF)
- "'Stilstand just left me speechless'"
- Alec Sandar, Blue Moon Game
- "'Philosophical, profound and uniquely staged'"
- PC Games,
- "'I found myself moved to laughter and sadness throughout'"
- Samantha Maybe, The Convention Collective
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Director, artist and writer
Producer and technical artist
Audio and sound designer